We engage you… Entertainment, Encouragement, Inspiration, Education and Shenanigans. All on one blog!
We often hear stories about the infamous man laws… So I think its time the ladies get a reminder of our rules. Here it goes:
2. We often go to the bathroom in packs, no problem. And we usually chat while at the sink or in the mirror. However, once you hit the stall, everyone cease the chatter until you come out of there. Trying to flush and hear you at the same time is annoying.
3. If someone has on a cute item; shoes, purse, coat, etc., it’s perfectly fine to ask where it came from. Now, if/when you go to purchase said item, DO NOT wear it in the company of the woman who had it first. That’s just rude. Wear it with an entirely separate group of friends.
4. Speaking of shopping…. When shopping with each other, tell the truth about what looks good & what doesn’t. There are nice clothes for every body type. Don’t let us leave the store with something we look a hot mess in.
5. Bringing a hubby/boyfriend to officially scheduled “Ladies Time” is unacceptable. You will get the side eye. You already know we have stuff to talk about, and that usually includes them.
6. It is perfectly ok for us to do things alone. Your BFF/Friend/Ace-Boon-Coon doesn’t need to alert you every time she goes somewhere. She really doesn’t.
7. A woman must never let her any of her female entourage leave with a man she just met that night. For safety reasons, he should also be required to provide: 2 forms of government issued ID, his resume, 3 professional references and one family member to be held as collateral if he wants to take her away. Besides, you shouldn’t be going anywhere with a man you just met, unless he has an equal amount of cute cousins, brothers or friends that will entertain all of us at the same time 🙂
8. There are times when a woman will flake on our friends for a date. This is understandable. Just don’t ignore your calls/texts, then give some lame excuse way after the fact. Put your big girl panties on and just tell the truth right away. Believe me, we get it.
9. When a woman complains incessantly to her girlfriends about the man she is dating, complete with tears and 5 hours conversations, do not expect your girls to fully accept and love said dude with open arms just because you’ve forgiven and forgotten. We haven’t.
10. Pay compliments. If a woman looks good, its nice to just tell her. It costs nothing to pay a compliment. We all need a confidence boost every now and then, but don’t lie to her, then snicker behind her back. That is just wrong.
**Bonus Woman Law: When a woman shows you a picture on her phone & hands it to you, do not take it upon yourself to start scrolling through her pictures… you may see something you aren’t quite ready for….
What are some of your woman laws? Please share!